Chamomile is one of the oldest medicinal plants that has recognized by human. The Egyptian and ancient Greek people have known this herb as medicinal plant and they used it for treating some diseases. Chamomile has introduced in all pharmacopeia as medicinal plants. It is one of the selected herbs in WHO.
15 gram Topical ointment
Local anti-inflammatory, enhancer of wound and burn healing.
It has chamomilla recutita cv. Soroksari essential oil that contains: chamazulene, bisabolol and apigenin. Each 100g of this product has 0.07g essential oil, and at least 0.45mg chamazulene.
1. Treatment of inflammations caused by mechanical sore, allergy, dryness and fissure of the skin and lips and itching especially in dry and scald skin. Inflammation of nipples during pregnancy and breast-feeding, rash, eczema and regular nappy rash.
2. Treatment of inflammations caused by chemical sores such as burn blisters, sunburn, inflammation caused by Rontgen or UV radiation, infection and heating problems.
3. It has soothening and softening properties.
4. This is an effective ointment for regular nappy rash. It reduces redness quickly. It can be used daily as a regular nappy ointment because it doesn’t have any specific side effects on new born babies
Mechanism of action:
1. Antiseptic effect: The essential oil of chamomile inhibits staphylocoecus and bacillus subtilis growth.
2. Chamomile oil inhibits both cyclooxygenase and lipooxygenase enzymes and thus inhibits the production of prostaglandins and leukotrienes, known inducers of inflammation.
Dosage and Direction for use:
Apply a small amount once or several times daily and rub it gently.
Pregnancy and Breast-feeding:
There are no known harmful effects when this medicine is used by pregnant or breastfeeding mothers.
Rarely, it can cause allergic reaction.
1. It should be used only Topically. Keep out of reach of children.
2. Don’t use after expiration date.
Store in a dry place, between 20-25C.